Thursday, April 3, 2008

Weekly Accomplishments

This has been a big week for Hailey...and it's only Thursday.

We're getting a new bedroom set delivered this weekend, so we figured it was time to start letting her sleep in her own crib in her own room (and out of the bassinet in our room). I started out by letting her take a daytime nap in her room and she slept for THREE hours! That made me feel better about her staying in there all night long. Flash to today, she has slept in her room for three nights in a row. Very well too. I could complain here about how in her bassinet she was sleeping for 6-8 hours straight and now she is only sleeping for 4 hour stints, but 4 hours seems to be a lot for this age, so I don't feel I really have the right to gripe.
The ClassicBed by Tempur-Pedic
Tempurpedic Baby!

The second big news is last night she rolled over, all by herself, without any staging or assistance, AND I watched the whole thing! I was trying to lay her down to go to bed and she got herself all propped up on her elbows, kicked her knee up and rolled from her tummy to her side.  From here I knew it could go either way, she would either fall back to her tummy or complete the roll onto her back. I could hardly contain my excitement as she finished it off onto her back! Unfortunately Justin was trying to go to sleep in our room (this was like 11:45pm) but he was able to hear the whole thing on the room moniter. To top it off, she did it again before she finally fell asleep. TWICE! I'm not sure if it conveys properly through this post, but I'm a proud Mama!

2 comments:

  1. and what a wonderful feeling that is, huh!!! Guess we were having the same sort of day miles and miles away from each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Hailey!!! What a good girl you are to sleep so well in your crib!

    Shannon, you've definitely got a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete