Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Casting Call

The day after Thanksgiving, my midwife Rinn (lower) and doula Merreley (with the hat) came over for dinner and casted my 39 week big belly.
The finished product is absolutely amazing. I plan on sanding and painting it at some point, but that's not really my top priorety at the moment. Until then, it is floating around my house until I find a good home for it.
I love looking at it. It really blows me away to think that that is my belly with our baby inside of it. I see myself in the mirror everyday, but to see a replica of what I look like amazes me. It kinda makes everything a bit more real to me.
I think every woman should make a casting. It was so easy, and even if you don't keep it around, it's really something precious to see. I look forward to taking pictures of our baby curled up inside the cast to see just how she fit in there.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT TOO!!Maybe I will do that for number 2...something to look forward too next time.

    Shan you look so beautiful!!!! Isnt it amazing how our body transforms and carries another life inside us? And to see it tangibly as in a body cast makes it hit home in another way. Experiencing the miracle of life first hand, understanding how INTRICATE, COMPLICATED, and amazing the entire process is, draws you to God and how BIG he is and how blessed we are to be given these little blessings. Praise God for baby Major!!

    P.S. I jump when ever my phone beeps!:):)

    ReplyDelete