Friday, February 20, 2009

Rest In Peace William Leon Major

William Leon Major
July 18, 1922 - February 9, 2009


For a full look at this amazing life, please go to
http://web.mac.com/vicdenisewallace/William/William_Leon_Major.html
The site has been recently updated wtih new pictures and a farewell page.

I'm so glad that Hailey got to meet her great grandpa. Although it had been a year, almost to the day since we were able to visit, having these pictures of her with him are priceless.


A shadow box of Grandpa's WWII War medals

Grandma and Grandpa celebrated 60 years this past summer


Grandma Martha Major with two of her grandsons, Justin and his older brother Jamie,
and Grandpa watching from above.

I am also thankful that my mom lives so close as she took in me and Hailey (since my foot is broken and I needed help with her) so that Justin could drive to Fairbanks as soon as we got word of Grandpa's failing health. Justin was able to make it to see his grandpa before he passed away. Knowing he was able to get there in time brings such a comfort to me.

1 comment:

  1. Jesse's grandpa's health is really bad too. We are waiting on the word to drive to Cali for a funeral any day now. We are thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete